Pilrig House really is a unique place to stay – guests describe a feeling of total warmth and magical timelessness when they stay here. From around the world, many of our initial visitors are coming back for the eleventh year in succession since we started up. We hope that we will be welcoming you in the future.
The advantage of having your own comfy and homey apartment is that you feel like you’re living in the city centre rather than a hotel in the city.
Scotland Magazine, October
We have received 100% positive independent reviews since we started up 11 years ago.
Please see the Reviews page to read reviews submitted by previous guests.
Our Goal is to Exceed Your Expectations
Based on our own experiences of extensive travel, we aim to offer our guests the ‘ideal’ self-catering rental apartment, with all the boxes ticked.
10 Special Reasons to Stay in Pilrig House
- Unique Parkland Location – Given the tranquillity of your surroundings and the wildlife on your doorstep, you will find it hard to imagine that you are a mere 20-minute stroll from Edinburgh’sfamous Princes Street. The park is ideal for walking and jogging, there is a nearby swim and leisure centre, and you will be very close to the beautiful Water of Leith Walkways and cycle paths.
- Proximity to Edinburgh’s Attractions – Pilrig House is within walking distance of Edinburgh’smain attractions: The Royal Mile, Edinburgh Castle, The Royal Yacht Britannia, Holyrood Palace& Park, The Scottish Parliament, The National Gallery, The Scottish Portrait Gallery, EdinburghRoyal Botanical Gardens, the trendy ‘Shore’ area of Leith, and a great selection of award-winning restaurants.
- The Price – For less than the cost of staying in an average, ’anonymous’ hotel room, you can make yourself truly at home in 5-star luxury and comfort of Pilrig House’s Garden Apartment.
- Free Private Parking – In a private car park to the rear of the house + SatNav provided in each apartment. This is rare for Edinburgh: most accommodation offers – if anything – on-street ’zoned’ parking, where you have to top up a meter every 2 hours.
- An Ideal Base for Business Trips, Courses or Workshops – Fully serviced accommodation close to Leith and Edinburgh city centre. Pilrig House is close to the city’s bus and train stations, and 12 miles from Edinburgh International airport. You can enjoy working in peaceful and quiet surroundings, with free high-speed Wi-Fi broadband and free national telephone calls and telephone answering service.
- Attention to Detail – We pay attention to the small things, such as great duck feather and down pillows (non-feather can be provided if requested), the best quality mattress, high thread-count Egyptian cotton bed linen, fluffy Egyptian cotton towels, guidebooks, a Welcome tablet....even a decanter of whisky. We hope we’ve thought of everything to make your stay with us exceptional.
- Spotless accommodation – We set the highest of standards and take pride in the cleanliness of our apartments. Between guests, we personally check every aspect of the apartment and always ensure they are immaculate for your arrival. For those guests staying longer than a week, a weekly clean and fresh bed linen and towels Can be arranged.
- The History and Romance of Pilrig House – Where else can you stay in a converted Scottishtownhouse, built-in 1638, in the centre of Edinburgh? And one that was home to Robert Louis Stevenson’s family?
- The apartment is on the ground floor - No hiking up and downstairs!
- A Personal Welcome – We are warm, friendly, and personally welcome all our guests.